Events for the week of 10/07/2012
|Blowing Rock Farmer's Market
| Date: 10/11 - 10/11
click here for website
When: Every THURSDAY, May 17 - October 18 (subject to change), rain or shine.
4 pm - 6 pm
Join us in Downtown Blowing Rock for the finest in fresh fruits, veggies, whole foods, and meats
from local farmers.
NEW LOCATION: Park Avenue, off Main Street in front of the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce
View Larger Map
* Bee Kind Family Farm -- raw honey, heirloom vegetables, herb plants and eggs
* Bella Rooster - jams, jellies, perennials, vines, herbs, and shrubs
* Blue Ridge Apiaries - varietal honey, infused honey, creamed honey, beeswax candles, lip balms and lotions
* Catawba Valley Violetry - 50 varieties of violets
* Grateful Gardens - vegetables, fruits, cut flowers and dried herbs
* Harmony Acres - lip balms, balms, soaps, lotions, body butters, vegetables, fruits, chicken, and eggs
* Harmony Boys - hand squeezed lemonade
* Joan's Sourdough Bread -- sourdough breads, fried pies, rolls, pies, cakes and desserts
* Laurel Land Greenhouse - annuals, perennials, herbs, hanging baskets and transplants
* Lively Up Farms -- organically raised vegetables and produce
* Mary Coffey - fruits, vegetables, flowers, bulbs and plants
* Meagan Roberts - herbs, cut flowers, vegetables, garlic, vegetable plants, shitake mushrooms and rhubarb
* Moretz Mountain Orchard and Farms -- herbs, honey, mountain apples, fruit, chicken and eggs
* Mountain Memories Farms -- lamb, pasture raised chickens and eggs
* My Favorite Plants - annuals, perennials, vegetables and shrubbery
* New Life Farm - vegetables, flowers, duck eggs, broiler chickens and Holiday turkeys
* New River Winery - locally produced wine varietals
* Oliver's Pleasant Pasture Farm - multi-colored eggs, plants and produce
* Owl Creek Bread Works -- artisan hearth and European breads, made with organic flours
* Pasta Wench -- gourmet pasta, raviolis and sauces
* PJ's Garden -- fresh produce
* Ripshin Goat Diary - farmstead goat cheese, fresh flowers, eggs, and figs (in season)
* Sunshine Cove Farm - certified organic micro greens, garden vegetables and starter plants
* Sunshine Creations/Ford Family Farm - cut flowers, plants and vegetables
* Zydeco Moon Farm - certified organic produce; vegetables and heirloom transplants
|Watauga County Farmer's Market
| Date: 10/13 - 10/13
click here for website
Repeats every week every Saturday until Thu Nov 01 2012 .
8:00am - 12:00pm
Horn in the West Park
519 Horn in the West Drive Parking on site. Fills up fast get out early!
Boone, NC 28607
View Larger Map
Would you like to choose from the freshest of produce, baked goods, and flowers while you talk to the people who have a personal commitment to their quality? Select locally grown garden plants and live herbs? Experience the tradition of Blue Ridge Mountain crafts?
Every week you will find quality organic fresh cut flowers and hardy local plants, delicious edibles from artisanal chefs and bakers and a wide assortment of regional crafts.
Come on out for the next Farmers' Market.We will be there Rain or Shine
Watauga County Farmers' Market will be open every Saturday through the end of October. We will also have our holiday markets on the Saturday before and after Thanksgiving from 10 - 2. Come out and see us! You will find us at the Horn in the West. Take 105 Extension. Turn at the new First Citizens Bank onto Horn Avenue. Go 500 feet up the hill and we are on the left.
Note: Every 3rd Saturday of the month, please visit our kids vending area near the Powderhorn Theatre--they will be selling their self-made/self-grown products and would love your support and encouragement!
Plant & Herb Day May 21, 2011
Spring Green Day June 11, 2011
Red, White & Blue Day July 2, 2011
Tomato & Garlic Day August 20, 2011
Pie Contest September 17, 2011
Appalachian Craft Day October 15, 2011
Holiday Markets November 19 & 26, 2011
Come out and see us Wednesdays (June 1 - Sept. 29) at the Watauga County Farmers Market in the parking lot of Kmart from 8-11AM.
Name: Tori Cox
Phone: (828) 355-4918